Director of Design
Join our Team.
THERE Studio – is on the look out for sharp-minded Design Director for our Branding Team
Come and join our team and enjoy all that comes with working at THERE. We are a friendly, diverse, small knit team, working out of an amazing studio space located a short walk from Central station, with a fantastic work, and team culture that is big on wellbeing and reward.
THERE is one of Australia’s most successful, independent, leading brand and environments design consultancies that focus on PLACE. At THERE we harness the power of place by creating place-led brands, and the environments, that bring them to life.
We are an agile, smart company with progressive and ambitious visions.
What we’re looking for…
The Brand Design Director will head up and grow our branding team and will lead the process and design output of all brand projects undertaken by the studio.
You will be working across a range of Brand projects throughout their life cycle; from brand articulation, brand creation through to rollout & implementation, and into production.
With a natural passion for all things design and brand, this hands-on role will involve: You will conduct regular check-in reviews of design work with your design team and our Creative Director, whilst keeping Project Managers continually updated with progress. You’ll lead internal & external presentations, of strategy, planning and creative work to clients, and assist with new business efforts as required.You will thrive on being creative and meticulous, playing a crucial role in building upon THERE’s renowned, award winning creative legacy.
You will be working alongside notable clients including; Mirvac, Uber, Google, Knight Frank, Geocon, Stafford, Ovolo, and Goodman.
If you have the experience detailed below we would love to hear from you!
To be successful in this role you…
- 3+ years experience in a design leadership role
- Strong brand communication & copy skills
- Strong identity design and layout skills (from strategy & concept, through to production)
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and grow your team
- Have adaptable personality to shift with a diverse clientele and changing priorities
- Understand the power of brand-voice copy driven creative
- Adobe skilled (Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Able to manage multiple projects at one time
- High attention to detail
- Tenacious attitude and highly motivated
- Articulate, warm, friendly, strong communicator and collaborator
Benefits of working at THERE…
- Competitive salary
- Great warehouse studio
- Extra Birthday-leave each year
- Wellbeing Wednesday activities – including things such as massage, yoga and tennis
- Friday arvo social drinks – and end of week All-hands catch-ups
- Quarterly designer outings event – giving you a chance to discuss tips & tricks to work smarter and develop your creative knowledge
- Monthly Designer Meeting Brekky events – giving you a chance to discuss & share tips & tricks to work smarter and develop your creative knowledge
More About THERE?
Click here to learn more about THERE and our culture.
If this sounds like you, please email your CV, portfolio and covering letter with the subject line ’I am DD’ to: email@example.com