Environments Design Director
THERE’s Environments division is looking for a new Design Director. This is a rare opportunity to join a smart, ambitious team delivering global, award-winning projects.
THERE is one of Australia’s leading design agencies delivering graphics, signage & wayfinding in the built environment. We harness the power of place by creating place-led brands, and the environments that bring them to life.
What we’re looking for:
The Environments Design Director will work across a diverse range of projects for top-tier brands, including environmental graphics & branding, placemaking, signage & wayfinding. You’ll lead a dedicated team across the whole project lifespan, from ideation and concepts through to documentation and production.
You will bring a high-level design aesthetic, along with strong conceptual and technical skills. You will be confident and composed in client-facing presentations, as well as oversee your team and projects, mentoring, leading and generating ideas as well as collaborate with other team members.
You will thrive on being creative and meticulous, and play a crucial role in building on THERE’s renowned, award-winning output.
You will bring:
- 5+ years experience in a design-leadership role
- An award-winning portfolio and high-design aesthetic
- Strong communication skills – articulate, friendly and collaborative
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Experience in managing multiple projects
- Adobe Creative Suite skills (essential)
- SketchUp / Blender / SignAgent Pro skills (beneficial)
THERE will offer:
- The opportunity to join an award-winning studio with a great reputation
- Work with top-tier brands across Australia, Asia and the U.S.A.
- A competitive salary
- A culture that is big on wellbeing and reward
- An inspiring studio workplace with a diverse and talented team
- Wellbeing Wednesdays – rotating wellness activities
- Quarterly Outings – design-related cultural excursions
- Birthday Bonus – annual freebie day-off
If this sounds like you, please email your CV, portfolio and covering letter with the subject line I’m your new EDD to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org